CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
Take your workforce from surviving to thriving.
Date: November 24-25, 2022
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM ET each day
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The world has experienced a collective trauma through the COVID-19 pandemic. The long-term impact to health care workers serving on the front-lines is incalculable. Canadian physicians were demonstrating disproportionally higher rates of burnout, depression and suicidal ideation before the pandemic: they were already a traumatized workforce. Further mental health impacts and workforce shortages are predicted among health care workers after the pandemic. Medical leaders may be unaware of the role trauma plays at the individual, team and system levels. This course develops leadership skills to foster recovery, build wellness and promote post-traumatic growth in the health care workforce. Delivered as an interactive workshop, it will facilitate a shift to a wellness-informed mindset and encourage you to apply key wellness-informed leadership practices at all levels.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- explore the types of trauma experienced by physicians;
- examine the impacts of trauma at the individual, team and system level;
- reframe physician burnout through a trauma lens;
- discover the principles of trauma-informed (TI) approaches;
- analyze how to translate TI principles into leadership practice;
- recognize how TI principles apply at the system level to create trauma-informed teams and trauma-informed health care organizations; and
- develop an action plan to bring TI principles to your leadership practice with team/organizational metrics to measure culture shift.
This course can be tailored and delivered* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. We’d be happy to work with you to find the right course for you and your organization. Please complete this brief questionnaire and one of our learning specialists will get back to you to discuss options.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
Jennifer Williams, MD, FRCPC
Jodi Ploquin, MSc