CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
Get the knowledge you need to navigate financial and economic decisions.
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days 10:00 am-5:00 pm ET each day
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Physicians regularly face decisions that involve understanding funding, financial implications and economic trade-offs. However, these topics are rarely covered in medical school―leaving many physicians puzzled about how money works.
This Physician Leadership Institute course demystifies accounting and economics, equipping you to answer a wide variety of questions at the decision-making table such as:
- “What is this financial report telling me?”
- “Just how precarious is the financial condition of my hospital or health authority?”
- “How do I interpret a seemingly glowing economic evaluation of a new drug critically?”
- “How do I economically justify the case to buy new equipment or adopt a novel therapy?”
Real-life examples will test your ability to make decisions based on sound economic and accounting principles. This core course* involves hands-on work with financial spreadsheets: participants should have Excel installed on their laptop.
*Dollars and sense is 1 of 6 core courses ― essential training for physicians interested in or engaged in a leadership position.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- comfortably use economic evaluation and financial concepts when making decisions involving money;
- easily interpret information on the cost of providing care at your facility;
- bring your clinical expertise to discussions involving financial and economic matters; and
- actively engage in funding and spending decisions.
This course can be tailored and delivered* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. We’d be happy to work with you to find the right course for you and your organization. Please complete this brief questionnaire, and one of our learning specialists will get back to you to discuss options.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.