TYPE: Online, self-led
DURATION: 1.25 hours
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In this course, you’ll gain valuable insights into the attributes essential for effective leadership and explore practical tools to influence others and improve collaboration and engagement. You’ll examine strategies to effectively motivate others and build skills to gain commitment and cooperation from individuals outside your sphere of authority and foster common ground.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- explain the impact of engagement on patient outcomes and organizational performance;
- recognize the different elements of engagement;
- describe intrinsic and extrinsic motivators and how they can be applied to improve engagement in the workplace and/or learning environments;
- apply best practices for building trust and fostering teamwork;
- demonstrate active listening skills when communicating with patients, families and members of the health care team, to help foster common ground and mutual insight; and
- provide effective feedback that promotes dialogue and supports continuous learning.