CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
Learn how to lead productive meetings that engage participants.
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Given the state of health care: volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous, more meetings are being scheduled than ever before. The result is too many disengaging and unproductive meetings which squander precious time.
This Physician Leadership Institute course challenges assumptions about traditional meeting practices. You will be taught to use a rigorous model, framework and tools to help you design and develop effective meetings. You will also have opportunities to put your new skills to practice.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- determine whether a meeting is the best way to share certain information, solve problems and make decisions;
- set the stage for an effective meeting by identifying: context, goals, roles, processes and rules of engagement;
- become a facilitation leader through “check-ins”, juggling meeting tasks and participant relationships, increasing active conversation and managing dysfunctional behaviours;
- increase productivity with meeting tools;
- use best practices to lead engaging virtual meetings;
- reach a consensus using divergent and convergent thinking; and
- complete an action plan for an upcoming meeting.
This course can be tailored and delivered in-house* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
FACULTY TEAM:Mary Yates BA(Hons), MEd