CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
Early bird pricing on 2022 courses is in effect until Dec. 17, 2021. Please use EB22 at checkout to receive 20% off your 2022 PLI course registrations.
This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
DATE: Mar. 24, 2022 (7:00 - 10:15 PM ET) or Mar. 30, 2022 (1:00 - 4:15 PM ET)
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 3 hours
Physicians are uniquely positioned to influence and advocate for change in areas such as new policy, contracts, funding, working conditions, patient safety and quality improvement. The Advocacy for Change course is a three-hour live, virtual, facilitated learning session that introduces physicians to effective advocacy. The course will provide participants with the high-level skills they need to advocate for change within the health care context. Participants will develop an advocacy action plan as part of this program
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- recognize how advocacy is a part of a physician’s day-to-day practice;
- describe the key elements of effective advocacy – including the different forms that advocacy may take;
- examine how to advocate in a hostile environment or where advocacy is not encouraged
- collaborate with peers to use the advocacy framework;
- create a strategic advocacy approach; and
- prepare an advocacy action plan leveraging an advocacy framework to help lead meaningful change.
This course can be tailored and delivered in-house* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
Peter Kuling B.Sc. M.Sc. M.D. FCMF CCPE