This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
DATE: Mar. 24, 2022 (7:00 - 10:15 PM ET) or Mar. 30, 2022 (1:00 - 4:15 PM ET)
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 3 hours
Physicians are uniquely positioned to influence and advocate for change in areas such as new policy, contracts, funding, working conditions, patient safety and quality improvement. The Advocacy for Change course is a three-hour live, virtual, facilitated learning session that introduces physicians to effective advocacy. The course will provide participants with the high-level skills they need to advocate for change within the health care context. Participants will develop an advocacy action plan as part of this program
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- recognize how advocacy is a part of a physician’s day-to-day practice;
- describe the key elements of effective advocacy – including the different forms that advocacy may take;
- examine how to advocate in a hostile environment or where advocacy is not encouraged
- collaborate with peers to use the advocacy framework;
- create a strategic advocacy approach; and
- prepare an advocacy action plan leveraging an advocacy framework to help lead meaningful change.
This course can be tailored and delivered* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. We’d be happy to work with you to find the right course for you and your organization. Please complete this brief questionnaire, and one of our learning specialists will get back to you to discuss options.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
Peter Kuling B.Sc. M.Sc. M.D. FCFP CCPE