This course is sponsored by Alberta Health Services
Putting people first.
DATE: TBD 2022
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 8 AM to 12:30 PM MT
ABOUT THIS COURSEAn organization is made up of its people and health care organizations are no exception. What is talent management and why is it important in health care organizations? Talent management ensures that the right people, with the right skills, are in the right place in their organization, and are engaged and focused on achieving the organization’s goals. This course provides concrete strategies to help physicians create an organizational culture that focuses on developing leaders, thereby helping to attract, engage and retain the best leadership talent.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- explore the unique opportunities and challenges in developing physician leaders;
- explain a strengths-based approach to developing talent;
- discuss unique needs and success factors required of physician leaders in your organization;
- explore your organization’s readiness and capacity for a talent management program;
- discuss the essential components of a talent management system for your organization;
- explore opportunities and challenges to implementing a talent management plan for your organization/department/program; and
- identify practical strategies for implementing aspects of a talent management system.