TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 3 hours (2:45 - 6:00 PM ET)
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Working as an experienced or emerging leader in our complex health care system, you may encounter many frustrations―perhaps with the pace of change, with lack of time or appropriate support, ineffective communication, or even troublesome or disinterested colleagues. It’s no wonder many leaders cite leading change as one of the topics they want to learn about the most.
In this course you will learn the skills and approaches you need to motivate, implement and sustain change in the complex system you practice. The course is designed to provide relevant, practical, and useful insights from your instructors; it is primarily conversation and experience based. Anticipate participating in discussions as you learn and apply change management practices.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- differentiate and describe the difference between Change Management and Transition Management, and apply the transition skills needed to effectively address the three stages of transition (ending, transition, beginning);
- demonstrate how the ADKAR framework can assess and enable successful change;
- identify a key change methodology that works for you;
- explore how to develop messages regarding change initiatives to influence stakeholders; and
- describe and apply approaches to minimize Resistance to Change and increase engagement.
Scott Comber BMEDS MBA MA PhD