This course is sponsored by the George and Faye Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation.
Frustrated with the status quo? Learn the strategies you need to lead positive change.
DATE: March 10 - 11 , 2022
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days 9AM-3:30 PM CT each day
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Working as a physician in our complex health care system, you may encounter many frustrations―perhaps with the pace of change, with lack of time or appropriate support, effective communication with the administration, even troublesome or disinterested colleagues. It’s no wonder many physicians cite leading change as one of the topics they want to learn about the most.
In this Physician Leadership Institute course, you will learn the strategies you need to motivate, implement and sustain change in the complex system you practice. Although the course structure is guided by key readings and insight from your instructors, it is primarily conversation and experience based. Anticipate participating in discussions as you work through the challenges you are facing in real-time.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- better understand your leadership style and build a shared vision;
- Influence organizational culture, persuade stakeholders and minimize opposition;
- implement a systematic approach to tackling the challenges and opportunities related to change;
- identify organizational enablers and barriers to change;
- build and maintain the relationships in your network;
- accept, anticipate and learn from failure; and
- develop resilience.