CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
Frustrated with the status quo? Learn the strategies you need to lead positive change.
LIVE WEBINARS: Mondays 7:30 pm ET1 (please note the course begins on the Monday prior to the first webinar)
TIME COMMITMENT: 3-4 hours of self-led activities per week
TYPE: Virtual, Blended
DURATION: 6 weeks
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The only constant in the healthcare system today is change. To be effective, many of these changes must be led by physicians.
During this course, you’ll have the opportunity to discuss the specific issues facing your healthcare organization. You’ll gain a real understanding of your leadership style, the art and science of change, and what it takes to successfully lead change in the healthcare system.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- develop and apply approaches to analyzing and addressing complex challenges;
- identify structural and cultural impediments and enablers to change, and learn how to influence organizational culture;
- apply tactics to minimize change resistance, and to engage and include all stakeholders in order to foster ownership of the change process through various activities;
- identify the relationships needed for the change and learn how to build and maintain partnerships that are essential for leading change;
- anticipate, accept, and learn from failure as part of leading change; and
- reflect on your leadership style and develop the ability for resilience in leading change.
1We always recommend attending webinars live whenever possible however, should you be unable to attend a session live a recording will be made available to you. Please note webinar days are subject to change based on holidays and faculty availability. A final schedule will be provided to you 30 days prior to the course start.
2Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.