CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
Supporting individuals for overall performance.
DATE: November 29-30, 2018
TYPE: Face-to-face, Instructor-led
DURATION: 2 days
ABOUT THIS COURSE
There are many facets to people leadership. Coaching is one facet increasingly being adopted to unlock people’s potential and to maximize performance. This course helps you discover ways to practically apply coaching skills in a variety of contexts. As your workplace continues to shift towards a team-based, collaborative environment, these skills can be used to support and optimize the performance of those around you — colleagues, patients, administrators or other stakeholders. You will learn to build a coaching culture that maximizes strengths and supports greater capacity to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
You’ll learn how to:
- Address opportunities in the medical context where coaching can be useful.
- Explain the nature of the coaching relationship and the mindset required for successful coachings.
- Discuss how coaching can contribute to engagement for individual and team performance.
- Identify strategies for establishing a coaching relationship.
- Describe a model of coaching that can be used by physicians.
- Practise coaching skills of listening, inquiry and support.
- Develop a plan for using coaching in your work context.