Develop robust, high-quality strategic plans for your organization.
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
Creating a roadmap for your health care organization is no simple feat. An effective strategic plan needs room to grow, to demonstrate a strong understanding of the health care sector, establish a set of actions to achieve results and transform systems, and must be measurable.
This course provides in-depth information on the strategic planning process. You will tackle real-life strategic issues with other participants exploring strategies, such as appreciative inquiry and effective change leadership, to engage key stakeholders in assisting with implementation of your plan. And, finally, you’ll learn methods for monitoring the plan’s progress to ensure that it is responding to your organization’s needs. Many individuals have left this program with an ability to use the content to develop robust, high-quality strategic plans for their organizations. So will you. .
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- describe the utility, purpose and elements of strategic thinking and planning;
- scan the environment for driving forces, impediments and opportunities that should inform future strategy and planning;
- set direction by establishing a patient-centered vision, values and measures of success for the implementation of a strategic plan;
- strategically align decisions with the vision and values by accessing and using evidence to shape strategic direction;
- use systems thinking to balance short-term demands with long-term priorities;
- assess and monitor the impact of the strategic plan on quality of service delivery;
- identify how to engage colleagues, staff, and shareholders in implementation;
- demonstrate political astuteness; and
- create a strategic and implementation work plan for a strategic project.
Strategic Thinking for Results (in-house) - is currently on backorder. You may still purchase now though and we'll ship as soon as more become available.