CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
DATE: December 5-6, 2019
TYPE: Face-to-face, Instructor-led
DURATION: 2 days
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Physician engagement is vital to the success of Canadian health reform. However, external barriers and internal motivation can impact a physician’s ability to take the lead and move forward with quality improvement initiatives. Culture, organizational structure and politics can also significantly impact engagement. This program provides physicians with the knowledge, skills and abilities – and the opportunity – to use those attributes to construct an action plan and gain collaboration. Participants can become active leaders, bringing about effective physician engagement wherever they work – whether as clinicians in primary or hospital care or as system administrators.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
You’ll learn how to:
- Assess the impact of physician engagement on the health system, and its importance in improving the quality of patient care
- Review the evidence underpinning efforts to improve physician engagement.
- Increase your awareness and in-depth knowledge of current efforts underway across Canada to improve physician engagement
- Determine the optimal processes of physician engagement to discriminate good practices from bad practices, and personally determine the degree to which you might wish to be involved in such enterprises
- Explore what effect organizational efforts to improve physician engagement would have on your personal experience at work
- Construct your personal action plan for improving physician engagement in the context of your own workplace in relation to your personality, work-life balance needs, and professional goals