CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
DATE: November 22-23, 2019
TYPE: Face-to-face, instructor-led
DURATION: 2 days
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Quality has many dimensions. Safe, effective and patient-centric care are benchmarks by which we measure it. Excelling in these dimensions is essential to meet the challenge of improving outcomes across the health care system. As leaders playing a key role in engaging all health care professionals, you must have practical experience with QI tools and methods.
This course – with a focus on efficiency and access – provides an introduction through lecture, small-group work and hands-on learning, where you have the opportunity to develop a plan for improving an area of your own system.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
You’ll learn how to:
- Describe the theory and science of QI in health care
- Discuss common sources of waste in health care
- Apply tools that reveal and explore patterns and processes within your system
- Explain and apply the Model for Improvement in health care
- Discuss techniques for identifying ideas for improvement or change in health care
- Apply course content to a quality improvement agenda in the context of your organization