This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
Supporting individuals for overall performance.
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 3 days
ABOUT THIS COURSE
There are many facets to leadership. Coaching is increasingly being adopted to unlock people’s potential and to maximize performance. This course helps you discover ways to practically apply coaching skills in a variety of contexts. As your workplace continues to shift towards a team-based, collaborative environment, you can use these skills to support and optimize the performance of those around you — colleagues, patients, administrators or other stakeholders. You will learn to build a coaching culture that maximizes strengths and supports greater capacity to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- address opportunities in the medical context where coaching can be useful;
- explain the nature of the coaching relationship and the mindset required for successful coaching;
- discuss how coaching can contribute to engagement for individual and team performance;
- identify strategies for establishing a coaching relationship;
- describe a model of coaching that can be used by physicians;
- practise coaching skills of listening, inquiry and support; and
- develop a plan for using coaching in your work context.
This course can be tailored and delivered* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. We’d be happy to work with you to find the right course for you and your organization. Please complete this brief questionnaire, and one of our learning specialists will get back to you to discuss options.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.