CMA Member physician pricing displayed.
Early bird pricing on 2022 courses is in effect until Dec. 17, 2021. Please use EB22 at checkout to receive 20% off your 2022 PLI course registrations.
This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
Discover the strategies you need to drive, implement and sustain change.
DATE: May 6 and May 13, 2022
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days 9:00 am – 3:30 pm ET each day
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The health system is under constant pressure to change — particularly during this unprecedented time. Most of these changes should, or must, be managed by medical leadership.
You will learn to develop and drive change, and ensure its effectiveness. There will be an opportunity to present and discuss specific issues facing your organization. You will also put techniques into practice through team exercises. You will learn to implement change management theories and overcome internal and external resistance to change. Topics to be covered include creating a workplace that can adapt, and managing the repercussions of changes on yourself and others.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- define the characteristics of change, and the potential issues and challenges change brings by focusing on specific considerations related to the health network;
- describe the conditions for success in change management and the specific role of the change agent;
- explain the steps of a change management process by identifying the principal stakeholders and other parties concerned;
- seek out stakeholders’ reactions to change and communicate change to these groups; and
- develop a strategy that is appropriate for change project issues and responsive to the stakeholders’ reactions.
This course can be tailored and delivered in-house* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
Courses are open to all physicians, with CMA members receiving a discount. Regardless of your membership status, you will need a cma.ca account to register for the course and access your course materials. If you do not have a cma.ca account, please complete this form and our team will be in touch with your login information.