This course is open to practicing physicians and residents.
Mobilize people by tapping into their individual potential
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days (9:00 am – 4:00 pm ET)
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The ability to engage people — to make them care deeply about their work, commit to your organization’s goals and work together to achieve them — is crucial to your success as a leader, especially during a pandemic. But in highly complex health care workplaces, where you need to reach people across many layers, functions and cultures, mastering this skill is a challenge.
In this Physician Leadership Institute course, you will focus on the core skills and practical tools you need to nurture an engaged organizational culture. You will learn a pragmatic approach to help you achieve the cooperation of people outside your sphere of influence.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- define engagement and identify the tools others need to get fully invested in their work;
- deploy a strength-based approach to increase engagement and energize others;
- discuss strategies to motivate others and build trust;
- practice powerful communication approaches to find common ground;
- provide constructive feedback; and
- use coaching and mentorship as motivation tools.
This course can be tailored and delivered in-house* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams at your organization, meeting or conference. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
Courses are open to all physicians, with CMA members receiving a discount. Regardless of your membership status, you will need a cma.ca account to register for the course and access your course materials. If you do not have a cma.ca account, please complete this form and our team will be in touch with your login information.