This course is sponsored by Queen's University
Manage difficult conversations, achieve the best outcome
DATE: October 24 & 25, 2022 or November 29 & 30, 2022
DURATION: 2 days- Time TBD
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In any workplace, you will to communicate effectively when the stakes are high, opinions vary and emotions run strong.
This Physician Leadership Institute course, Crucial Conversations© by VitalSmarts©, is focused on teaching you persuasive conversation skills through interactive skills-based learning. You will acquire the conversation skills you need to achieve alignment and understanding on crucial matters through open dialogue.
Crucial conversations will help you develop the skills you need to manage conversations so that everyone involves feels heard, those relationships are improved and hidden issues come to the surface.
This course is a prerequisite to the Crucial Accountability© course.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO
- Identify the communication challenges health care teams face and acquire practical tools to deal with them;
- Understand yours and others’ roles in critical conversations;
- Acquire and practice the skills to communicate with others about challenging issues in a way that builds trust or enhances your relationship with them;
- Recognize a crucial conversation or issue and learn how to work through it to find a resolution.
- Physicians, physician leaders and health team members who want to increase their confidence dealing with conflict;
- Those who want to develop conversation skills that build trust, alignment and understanding;
- Anyone who wants to learn how to reduce and diffuse conflict through conversation.
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risk
I acknowledge that to help reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19, I am encouraged to practice hand hygiene, physical distancing, pre-screening for risk factors for severe disease, and to wear appropriate face coverings while participating in CMA Impact Inc. (“CMA Impact”) programming.
By checking the box below, I acknowledge and voluntarily agree that:
Please click the check-box to acknowledge and agree to the terms of registration.