This course is sponsored by University of Calgary
Learn to advocate and build alliances so you can meet your organization’s objectives.
DATE: March 17-18, 2022
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days 9:30-4:00 PM MT each day
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Workplace politics exist in every leader’s world. How health care leaders navigate regular interactions with stakeholders — while maintaining autonomy, integrity and sanity — can either help or hinder their objectives.
This Physician Leadership Institute course will teach you how to become more influential at work, build alliances and achieve consensus to meet your objectives. It will also teach you to become a spokesperson using recognized communication, advocacy and media skills.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- better understand your workplace from political, social and economic perspectives;
- influence your stakeholders by better understanding how matrices and networks work;
- determine how health care decisions are made and how to influence them at the local, provincial and federal levels;
- navigate workplace politics;
- create a strategic advocacy approach;
- develop persuasive messages on key issues; and
- skillfully work with the media.
Peter Kuling BSc MSc MD FCFP CCPE